Wednesday 18 July 2012

If I go crazy then will you still call me superman?

You stumbled in and bumped your head,
If not for me then you'd be dead
I picked you up and put you back
On solid ground


I've realised that people are extraordinarily ungrateful. Perhaps something I should have realised sooner, but hey, better late than never. People rely on me... a lot. They lean on me and expect me to fix all of their problems, regardless of what I may think/feel/have going on in my own life at the time.

One of my friends recently broke up with his girlfriend of 2ish years and ever since he's been totally dependent on me. I didn't even know him when he was going out with his girl, we only really became friends because of the break up because he spewed all of his problems to me one night. Please don't get me wrong, I love to help and I had no problem listening to him, offering advice and yeah, being a shoulder to lean on... but when that's all he wants to talk to me about it becomes a bit of a problem. Then, as a result of me trying to help, my now boyfriend suspects that there's something going on between us. But does the guy back off? No, of course not.

I've helped him all I can and he refuses to help himself, then when I ask him to help me by backing off he still stays close, makes my boyfriend suspect and makes me feel guilty when I get frustrated with him. I've helped the guy a lot, I've helped him get over this ex girlfriend and he's still not grateful enough to help me out this little bit.

Ranty ranty rant. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment